Join the Maker Festival Organizing Team | 2017 Opportunities
Are you looking for awesome practical volunteer experience? Want to work on a large scale event as part of a kick-butt volunteer organizing team? Looking to upgrade your skills? Interested in hanging out with fellow capable, caring and creative humans who stick to meeting agendas, enable each others ideas and always provide snacks? Want to see your hard work manifest in to a real thing experienced by thousands?
Below is a list of available opportunities for 2017 – please take a look and fill in the Expression of Interest form at the bottom of this page by
March 13th, 2017. Deadline extended to March 15th, 2017.
This year’s Festival runs from July 6th – August 6th, with the flagship event, the Maker Extravaganza, happening on July 8th & 9th at the Toronto Reference Library. As a team, we start to prepare from February, and are now in the process of recruiting fellow volunteer team members to join us in pulling off this mega-event together.
Why join the team? Here’s why:
- – You get to work on a killer organizing team with a bunch of highly-skilled and uber-capable humans.
- – You’ll learn new skills, gain real experience, and take part in pulling together a large scale city wide event.
- – You’ll get to see your hard work manifest in to an accessible public event experience by tens of thousands.
- – You’ll be at the center of the maker and tech communities and get to meet plenty of influential and interesting people.
- – You’ll have personal contact with the leaders and organizers of dozens of creative and tech communities across Toronto and the GTA.
- – You’ll play a meaningful part in contributing to our mission – which you can read more about here.
Maker Festival is a 100% volunteer powered non-profit that runs on the generosity of humans. We’re committed to organizing an entrance fee free Extravaganza, and use our platform to support Toronto’s local makers & creative organizations.
If you have something to offer that you can’t see on this list, please do fill out the form anyhow and indicate the role or skills you’d like to contribute! Please note: this isn’t the big Call for Volunteers to help us run the Maker Extravaganza. That call will go out in May/June, and you can subscribe to our mailing list to stay in the loop.
SEND IN YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST