Meet one of our awesome Maker Faire sponsors: Rob Hyndman
As we organize the Toronto Mini Maker Faire, we will come to rely on a number of sponsors, volunteers, advisors and folks from all around Toronto to help us make the faire the most awesome event it can be. One of these awesome people is Rob Hyndman. We thought that since we enjoy the company of such incredible people, that you too, may like to meet them, hear about their adventures and even meet them in person at the faire or any of our parties.
Rob Hyndman is a business lawyer for technology companies, and co-founder of mesh conference and #hohoto. We asked Rob a few questions and he graciously answered so please read on and high five him when you see him this evening!
1. You hacked your career – any advice to people who want to live life on their own terms?
Accept no compromises and spare no effort when it comes to taking control of your own life. empowering yourself is the best thing you can do with yourself because it unleashes you to help others and make a difference.
2. Which living person do you most admire?
3. Why did you support the Maker Faire?
Blessed are the makers, for they shall change the earth
4. What inspires you?
5. What have you seen and learned lately that completely blew your mind?
The internet has taught us that almost everything we have ever learned from ‘experts’ is wrong. Trust in yourself.
6. What do you love most about living in Toronto?
My hood. the Junction is the shit.
7. What is your idea of happiness?
Being in control of my own destiny, seeing those I love do the same.
8. What do you most value in your friends?
9. What is your greatest extravagance?
10. When and where were you happiest?
Right now, writing this.
11. If you died and came back as a person or thing, what would it be?
A seagull. I would love to fly.
12. Who are your heroes in real life?
My dad – he is the most decent person I know. Jon Stewart. Hilary Clinton. Aaron Sorkin.
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
14. What is your favorite food and drink?
Pork fat. BBQ. Bourbon.
15. What social movement do you most admire?
16. What supernatural powers would you most like to possess?
The power to neutralize calories in what I eat.
17. What is it that you most dislike?
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?