Help the Toronto Maker Faire: Become a VIP Supporter Today
Last year, in addition to hosting over 4,000 attendees during the Maker Faire weekend we were fortunate to have the support of hundreds of VIP members from across the maker community and beyond. Our Maker Faire VIPs and Ambassadors made it possible for us to organize a sold out faire, with incredible workshops and makers. Without you – VIPs and Ambassadors – we could not have made it!
We are particularly thankful to our early VIP Ambassadors, who encouraged us and helped us get the word out including David Senf, Michael Dila, Rob Hyndman, John MacRitchie, Ross McKegney, Sarah Prevette, David Crow and Paul Bloore just to name a few. Our Faire VIPs were in the hundreds, and pitched in to support our fundraising effort and to help us make the Toronto Maker Faire all it could be. BRAVO. Without you, we could not have done it.
If you weren’t part of the festivities last year, take a look at what you missed!
We are back at it this year and we are working on building the most incredible Toronto Maker Faire you can imagine. We are a small volunteer team, but we have grand plans. But, we can’t do this without you. Attending the faire this year is going to be free which we are really excited about, because it means that no one will have a reason to skip this year’s faire! But that also means we need to fundraise all the costs associated with organizing such a large Faire. Our goal this year is to see 10,000 people from our great city attend the Maker Faire and we are looking forward to welcoming each and everyone of you in November. In the meantime, you can help us by becoming a Maker Faire VIP Supporter. What’s a VIP supporter you ask? It is someone who is helping us bring the magic of the Maker Faire to Toronto. The Toronto Public Library is an awesome partner for our venue this year and that’s an incredible support. But we still need to raise funds to pay for maker equipment, furniture rentals, electricity, insurance and much much more to organize our Faire. We are also scheduling a number of fantastic workshops and we would like to keep the attendance fees for these workshop as reasonable as possible so they are accessible to everyone. And for that we need sponsors and VIP supporters. That’s where you make a difference: you help us keep admission free which in turn removes barriers to access, which in turn creates makers who will change the world tomorrow.
We are working really hard to make your VIP experience this year all it can be. VIP Supporters in 2014 can unlock a host of fun perks with their $50 contribution for an individual or $100 for a family including:
- Access to our VIP lounge with snacks, drinks, and a free coat check!
- Skip the line privileges for any of our drop-in workshops and early access to register for our scheduled programming. This means no line up for any of our drop-in workshops!
- A free ticket to our September launch party! Plus access to our invite-only Meet-the-Maker evening on Friday November 21, where you will get a sneak peek before the Faire opens to the public.
- Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt! Get the official Maker Faire T-shirt at a 50% discount with your VIP status. (And you will get to reserve your T-shirt size in advance.)
- A personal guarantee of a high-five from one of the Maker Faire organizing committee members.
So, go ahead, help change the world, become a VIP Supporter today.